On 7/8/2020 8:02 AM, Bruce Irving via gnucash-user wrote:
From: Robert Heller <hel...@deepsoft.com>

Most people in recent times are using a webmail client (eg GMail, Yahoo, AOL,
Hotmail, etc.), so they are reading E-Mail in a webbrowser, just as they would
be reading postings in an actual webforum.  The idea of an "E-Mail List" as
something separate from a forum is actually foreign to these people.  And yes
many people would prefer a web-forum (not me -- I hate web forums and avoid
them whenever possible).

However -- I belong to a number of forums. They are all structured (at least the ones to which I belong). Depending on the the webmail client, it might be possible to have some structure, write rules to send incoming mail from an elist to a dedicated subfolder so not just in inbox. But further separation by topic as would be in a forum? So I would consider forums quite different and question the actual experience (with forums) of any users who would find elist => webmail at all similar.

A forum (instead of elist) might be an idea. Many forum clients allow users to set notification by email when a topic has a new posting.

Michael D Novack