Thank you everybody. I did build it on Ubuntu 18. I thought that was implied by the fact I was running version 4.1, since the package managers don't have that new of a version. Sorry.

I will probably just install from the distribution, if Adrien says he couldn't built it on 20.04.

Will I have an issue with my gnucash files if I go from 4.1 to 3.8?

Derek

On 2020-11-28 2:41 p.m., John Ralls wrote:
This sounds like you're trying to run a GnuCash built for Ubuntu 18.04 on
20.04. Boost (and ICU) version their libraries so that you have to at least
re-link (and often recompile) anything that depends on them when you upgrade.
Apt should have taken care of pulling in the correspondingly linked GnuCash
unless you built it yourself.

Regards,
John Ralls

On Nov 28, 2020, at 11:09 AM, Adrien Monteleone