HI,

On Wed, December 16, 2020 6:21 pm, Garry Cooke wrote:
> Hi, Customer has 3 invoices. Pays with 2 deposits into bank. On the
> imported bank transactions i select ‘process payment’. Select invoice,
> expecting amount to be applied to invoice and balance to applied to next
> invoice. Instead i get a credit to the customer.

Correct.  By only selecting one invoice you told it to apply the payment
only to that one invoice.  Had you selected #1 AND #2 it would have split
the payment between them (filling #1 and then applying the remainder to
#2).

>           2nd payment i leave
> invoice blank and get same result.

What do you mean by "same result"?   It didn't apply the 2nd payment to
any invoices?

>    I end up with 3 unpaid invoices and
> 2credits against customer.

Wait..  Why did the first invoice not get paid?

>   I attempted to resolve by selecting invoice and
> using to credit to pay, which worked. But when i print customer report to
> use as statement it has 3 transactions included with $0. What am i
> missing? Why were the amounts not applied to the invoices when applied
> from incoming bank transaction?

Try selecting the appropriate invoices when you apply the payment.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com