I have just started seeing the problem on Windows 10, GnuCash 4.4.
I found that when I have many (as in too many to fit on the screen) tabs
open at the top and scroll the tabs across very quickly, the text on one of
the tabs will fall down exactly as Tommy has shown in his screenshot.  If I
scroll the tabs slowly, this doesn't happen.  Since I just noticed this
recently, I have not explored further.
-Arthur