> On Feb 24, 2021, at 9:51 AM, Adrien Monteleone
> <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> On 2/23/21 9:05 AM, Gabriele Venturato wrote:
>> Hi,
>> For some reason I didn’t receive the emails with the answers form Adrien and
>> Peter. Can you please check if you put me in cc? I’ve discovered them just
>> because Taull answered and I casually checked the whole thread from the
>> browser.
>
> I only reply to the list, I generally do not CC individual users. To see my
> replies, you need to be subscribed to the list, and be set to receive mail
> from the list. (either individually or in digest form)
>
>> About the language problem instead, I played a lot with system settings, but
>> nothing helps. I can’t see anything else in dutch except from that date in
>> the bottom of the interface, so it’s really hard to understand where it’s
>> getting that information.
>> Moreover, I’ve also noticed that the settings about the numbers format are
>> not synced with the system settings. Usually in euros we use the comma to
>> separate decimals, and the dot to group each 10^3 digits. However, in my
>> settings I put the dot for decimals, and the comma for grouping, and indeed
>> in the calculator I use the dot as a decimal separator, but in GnuCash that
>> is not reflected, nor I have any option to change this behaviour. Any idea?
>
> I'm presuming if you've gone that far, you've already discovered the Advanced
> button in System Preferences > Language and Region.
>
> The only other thing I could recommend is to make sure English is listed as
> your primary language there, and in GnuCash > Preferences > Numbers, Date,
> Time > Date Format is listed as 'Locale'
>
> If that is still showing non-English terms, something might be amiss with
> your GnuCash config files. (It has its a plist file that might be stuck on a
> non-English locale somehow.)

GnuCash's localization is limited to the way it works on Linux, which is the
old POSIX locales method. Customizing in System Preferences doesn't work;
GnuCash looks for a locale to use. The best you can do is edit
Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/etc/gnucash/environment and add LC_NUMERIC=en_US
and LC_TIME=en_US to set those particular localizations to locales that present
numbers and dates the way you like.

Regards,
John Ralls