The Android app hasn't been updated in almost 3 years now, unfortunately. The
maintainer kept up with it for 6 years beforehand, so I certainly don't
begrudge him for moving on with his life. In the github threads someone offered
to release a fork with the pull requests merged, but the link he included is no
longer good.

I'd be genuinely interested in how others handle the use case for the mobile
app. Seeing reports and charts from my phone could be useful. But as far as the
data entry side, I don't think I'm missing out there. (Disclaimer: I tried
importing my books into the Android app but it errored out, so I haven't seen
it in action).
My workflow is to update my books once a week, mostly from QFX imports or
manual entry off of online statements. It takes maybe 10 minutes total. Cash
transactions are the only thing I need to record on my phone and a simple text
note works for that. I do almost nothing in cash these days and so manually
entering these in GnuCash takes 1-2 minutes.
Given that workflow, entering them more formally in a mobile app, exporting the
CSV and importing it into GnuCash on my computer would not be worth the extra
work.
Cheers,
Colin