On 4/3/2021 9:06 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
I've delayed reconciling my accounts for a long time and am now paying the price by having a lot of entries to go through.

[...]

This account happens to be my PayPal account, and normally this is a zero balance account in any period. That was what the balance shows in the register as of 2/29/2020. But the starting balance in GnuCash shows as $858. I've already tried check and repair on the account and even on all accounts, restarting GnuCash then opening up the reconcile dialog again, but that doesn't change anything.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I finally found the problem. I had erroneously marked some transactions as reconciled that were outside the range I was trying to work on. In other words, more-or-less the common case you were pointing to.

Oh, and it was last reconciled in 2020, no 2000. I wasn't *that* bad :-)

roland