Parag,

The QIF importer component of GnuCash has been in place for a long time (well
over 10 years to my knowledge and there have been few changes to the code base
for it in that time). It has been  used to import data from Quicken over that
time so it is less likely for there to be a problem in teh importer code rather
than in the export code for the Android app.
The Android app was not developed and is not  supported by the main GnuCash
community and was developed by an external party who no longer is able to
support it. AFAIK it is written in JAVA not C,C++,and Scheme like the GnuCash
desktop app is so there is little direct code compatibility and very few people,
if any, with any knowledge of its operation who could possibly provide any
support for it. GnuCash is supported totally by a volunteer development team
which means resources are normally very stretched.

You may be able to get more information relating to the source of the problem by
running the desktop version in debugging mode  while doing the importing. (
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Logging),
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows_Debugging,
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile.

The hard part will be identifying which specific records are causing the
problem. I know nothing of the Android app capability but if you are able to
create separate exports for single accounts and import them separately, it may
help in isolating the problem area. If you are able to identify and give us
examples of the records causing the import problem and they are correctly
formatted QIF, then we can look at whether the importer code is a problem.
Without that there is not enough information to begin looking for a problem in
the importer code and no evidence that it is even an importer code problem.