Chris -

While David C has provided good template for how to approach your CSV import
concerns, there is one more workflow you may want to keep it in back of your
mind.

You have an option to always start a new blank file, experiment with import
into the blank file and then you can review that by itself to make sure
import looks good on its own. Keep in mind that during the import matching,
you can save (and resave over again if need to) and recall the mappings
profile that you have built up. Once you are satisfied with how it looks in
that blank file, you can actually important into the live file that you use
for accounting by using the saved import profile. This will save you lots of
deletes of records until you are ready to import in the live file and get
the profile configured correctly so that it can be used over again and again
as well.

This is what I do whenever I have concern what the process will look like
for any type of import, whether CSV, OFX or QIF.

Kalpesh.

Message: 7