From: david whiting <d...@davidwhiting.me.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 3:09 AM
To: Gyle McCollam <gmccol...@live.com>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Import csv, ofx

Hi Gyle,

If I have understood correctly, you just need to select the
appropriate date format in the Miscellaneous settings during the
import. So, after selecting your csv file to import (there should be
no need to go via libreoffice) the next page is "Import Preview" which
is where you select which columns map to date, description, etc. and
at the top, on the right, you will see "Miscellaneous settings", one
of which is "Date Format".

David

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 at 01:01, Gyle McCollam <gmccol...@live.com> wrote:

> I have been having a great experience importing ofx files for my bank
> accounts and credit cards.  However, when I tried to export from Discover
> Card, the only options were Excel or csv.  I didn't see that Gnucash imported
> Excel so I used csv.  I had absolutely no luck importing the csv file into
> Gnucash.  I kept getting an error message that the date was out of range
> (1-31).  The date format used by Discover is MM/DD/YYYY.  Is the date range
> the import function uses in a different format, therefore causing my issue?
>

> Thank You,
> Gyle McCollam
>
> Gyle McCollam
>
> 609.680.2326                     Mobile