Op vrijdag 28 januari 2022 21:19:45 CET schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> That is an interesting request.
>
> In the meantime, you could start a new file, examine the default
> preferences, and write them down.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work. The "Preferences" are stored in GSettings
which is per user, not per book. Your suggestion could be used to figure out
the default book "Properties", which are accessed via File->Properties. One
could create an additional user on the computer and peek there.

Note though that GSettings itself does have a notion of default properties. So
you can reset your preferences by going via gsettings rather than GnuCash.

Bite Gao didn't mention the OS s/he is using and the tools to manipulate
gsettings differ per OS:

On Windows you can use "regedit" to manipulate the GSettigns data. The GnuCash
specific settings are stored under key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/GSettings/org/gnucash/ (for gnucash older than 4.6)
or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/GSettings/org/gnucash/GnuCash (starting with
gnucash 4.7)

On linux you can use either the gsettings command line tool or the graphical
dconf-editor. In that tool all GnuCash related settings will be found under
/org/gnucash (<4.6) or /org/gnucash/GnuCash (>4.7).

And on MacOS it can be accessed via the defaults system, of which I don't know
the details. I believe our wiki (wiki.gnucash.org) will have a few references
to this.

Regards,

Geert