Not what the Canadian (Federal) taxing authorities do with payroll taxes.  They
have a separate account for arrears, and interest goes there as well.  As far
as I can tell, this is just to baffle the poor taxpayer, so if you ever get in
arrears, you have to be sure to tell them the next payment is to go there, and
not to your regular payroll account…

Gag me with a spoon.

To the OP’s question, I agree, although you might not have a
Liabilities:Property Tax account, in which case it would be
Liabilities:Accounts Payable.