On 30-01-2022 17:15, john wrote:
Looks like you entered the exchange rate backwards, i.e. 10.2 EUR = 1 SEK
instead of the other way around.

*doh* yes, that's it of course. I guess I got confused, because for the basic ledger, the rate is EUR -> SEK, whereas for this particular split it apparently is SEK -> EUR (had I actually read the dialog more carefully it would have been obvious).

N.B. It matters a lot in which account you create the transaction: The currency of that
account is the "transaction currency". Each split has an amount in the split
account's currency and a value in the transaction currency, and that sets the direction
of the exchange rate.

Well, for split ledger indeed, for basic ledger it's the other way around it seems (sort of, still trying to wrap my head around all this ;) ).

Thanks for the help!

Koen

--
https://www.koenmartens.nl/