Hi,

On Thu, March 17, 2022 12:57 pm, Frederick wrote:
> good to know and very unfortunate.
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> take care,  fred
>
> Just Soap
> The Pedal Powered Natural Soap
> And Now Solar Powered Too!!
> www.justsoap.com
>
>> On Mar 17, 2022, at 12:50 PM, <davidvernonl...@gmail.com>
>> <davidvernonl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   2.  Question about Assemblies (Frederick)
>> There is no inventory accounting in GnuCash, so if you need to hold
>> parts in
>> inventory in numbers of units together with their cost per until,
>> whether on
>> average cost or on FIFO basis, which then build assemblies, I cannot see
>> how
>> this would be possible.
>> David

Well, if you don't have a LOT of items, you could leverage the Stock or
Mutual Fund account types to manage your inventory assets.  Basically you
would treat each assembly as a unique commodity and create a Stock/MF
account for each one.  Then you can track how much you "buy" each one for,
and then how much you "sell" each one for..

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com