Jeff

Another approach you could try would be to create  a temporary account in your
dad's books and move the transactions that should have gone into your account
into it.  Should work if all of the transactions have at least one account in
common , e.g. an Asset; bank account or similar.  if not you may need to create
more than one temp account.

You could then export the transactions in that temp accountas an OFX or CSV file
which you could then import into your own books. If the target accounts are the
same in yours and your dad's books they should import  but if not edit those
that aren't. CSV may be more appropriate if you need to edit the transactions
before importing If you then delete the temporary account in your dad's books
and choose to discard the transactions in it you should be good.

David Cousens