As Michael noted, this is a budgeting vs. accounting question.

Other than the 'Cash Flow' report, I would recommend investigating the Budget module. (*not* necessarily changing your account tree or transactions, though that may be in order anyway.)

You can budget what is expected and get a report that tracks outlays paying down liabilities (among many other things) and get a net result. You'll be able to compare budgeted (expected) vs. actual and even show the variance.

If you then want a graph, you can export the report to a spreadsheet and have fun from there.