Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 06:19:40 +0200
From: "Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenber...@gmail.com>
To: Eric Hammond <e...@jehammond.net>, "gnucash-user@gnucash.org"
        <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Request for two new features in GnuCash

Am 07.08.22 um 03:04 schrieb Eric Hammond:
> The second is the ability to pay bills from more than one source. Example I
> purchase an oscilloscope and pay for it with a cash incentive from the
> company and a bank transfer for the rest. My solution at the present is not
> pretty, nor helpful if I look at it next year.

Then it's time to claim your easter egg ;-):
Edit->Peeferences->Register Defaults,
select Default Style: "Auto-Split ledger" or "Transaction Journal"

More details in
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/set-prefs.html#prefs-reg-def

Then you can easily enter the differnt amounts.

Regards
Frank

Message: 7