You may also want to verify that the MySQL server is set to accept connections from your GnuCash machine.

Dan

On August 18, 2022 7:19:04 PM John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

On Aug 17, 2022, at 10:35 PM, Christian Schrautzer via gnucash-user <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

  Dear gnucash-user,

  I am trying to save in my mysql database on my NAS, but it does not
  work.

  As there is nothig much as Settings I am not sure how to troubleshoot.

  Server, database, user and Password should be correct.

  The error message I get is very general. I do not know if gnucash was
  even able to connect the Server or is struggeling with some Right
  issues.

  My database should be connected via port 3307. Is there a way to set
  this up?

Yes, just include the port number after a colon in the Host box of the connection dialog, e.g. my-nas:3307 or if you're using an IP 192.168.1.3:3307.

Regards,
John Ralls