Sounds like an account was deleted and the transactions not moved, or moved somewhere not expected.

On 11/6/22 9:32 AM, Michael Davis wrote:
I was just about to do that and I realized I’d been reading it wrong, the
credits do increase the balance and the debits decrease it. So then I tried to
figure out why the balance increased to 600k, and saw that all the transactions
for the credit card payments are missing, that’s why it’s so high.

Anyway, it appears that the file has been corrupted, but the Oct 27 backup is
okay, so I’ll restore that and keep my fingers crossed.