I'm still working on workflow for recording purchases made via credit card. I am wondering:

Why can't accounts called "Credit Card" be marked as "A/Payable" so that I can post straight from a New Bill into that liability account?

Seems to me that if I have the credit side of the New Bill transaction be some account marked as "A/Payable", then I'm going to have move that amount to the Credit Card sometime as an extra step.

*Current workflow: *When a bill gets posted, it would be recorded like this (since, best I can tell GnuCash requires that the posting acct be an "A/Payable": marked account, and that characteristic is impossible for credit card type accounts):

   /*Debit*///Expense or asset
   ///*Credit*/ A/Payable acct

   Sometime this journal entry would have to happen (when?):

   /*Debit*/ A/Payable acct for amounts on credit card
   /*Credit*/ Credit Card acct

   When the payment reflected on the credit card statement is recorded,
   it would be:

   /*Debit*/ Credit Card acct
   /*Credit*/ Checking acct

Seems to me that this workflow would be better, but I do not think it'll work with GnuCash:

*Shorter workflow: *When a bill gets posted.

   /*Debit*///Expense or asset
   /*Credit*/ Credit Card acct

   When the payment reflected on the credit card statement is recorded,
   it would be:

   /*Debit*/ Credit Card acct
   /*Credit*/ Checking acct

Comments? Advice? Corrections?