I agree.

I have three backup systems for my computer:

• I have an external disk attached to it and set up MacOS Time Machine to
backup to that disk.
• I pay a cloud company to backup my computer (Currently CrashPlan/Code42 but I
have thought about switching to BackBlaze).
• And I use SuperDuper! to make a clone of my computer every few days
alternating between two different disks.

The different systems provide protection against different types of failures
(disk crash, theft, fire, ransom encryption, cloud company failure, mistaken
deletion of files). I feel all are necessary. But at least one is an absolute
necessity for anyone who has any data they care about keeping.

A few years ago, over the space of a few weeks I had failures in almost all of
these systems for different reasons. Fortunately the failures did not all occur
at the same time, so I did not lose any data although some of the organization
of old emails was lost so they would be hard to find.

Will