It sounds like you are considering your current personal payments as your equity investment as you pay, rather than fronting the money and then using it from there.

You should be able to simply:

Dr. Expense
  Cr. Equity:Owner's Capital

(or whatever you determine is the best name for that account)

There is nothing special about the 'opening balance' entries.

If you need to edit one, just do so.

If you need to add one, just add it. They are just transactions between the respective asset/liability and Equity:Opening Balances account.