The reference to the "terminal" suggests a Mac, but I'll defer to PH.

PH, it's not clear why you think configuring a transaction report would require
any coding; most reports have extensive options to select specific transactions
and accounts, so it's really necessary for you to describe what it is that is
not happening.

I will note that the standard Transaction Report opens without any data
initially, and that you must open Options and select accounts to include
subsequently. But that doesn't involve coding or the terminal; is just clicking
the Options button on the ribbon and selecting things.

This is covered in the Tutorial and the Help.

David T.