I have occasionally seen that release of GnuCash do something similar to
that when it crashes.  In my case I just re-start it and click open anyway
at the prompt.  Then I check to see if whatever I was doing completed or if
I lost any recent keystrokes.  Usually there is little or nothing missing
because I do frequent saves before starting anything involving a lot of
keystrokes.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 5:52 PM Richard Dawson <rcdaw...@att.net> wrote:

> On 2/13/23 14:06, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 3:46 PM Richard Dawson <rcdaw...@att.net> wrote:
> >
> >     Several hours after after successfully completing reconciliation, I
> >     attempted to add another transaction, and I was greeted with the
> >     message, "Operation is still running, wait for it to complete before
> >     quitting." I've been waiting for an hour or so, and there is no hard
> >     drive activity.  Attempting to save gives the same message.
> >
> >       If I recall correctly, I had saved the file when I completed the
> >     reconciliation,  as that is my general practice, but I left the
> >     machine
> >     on with the file open.
> >
> >     How should I proceed?
> >

> > Unless your system is very very slow, I wouldn't expect ANYTHING in
> > GnuCash to take more than a few seconds to complete, though I am sure
> > there must be exceptions. I would strongly suspect a hardware or
> > network problem in your case.
> >
> > Can you determine and tell us the version of GnuCash you're running
> > (and where you got it, if not from an official source), and can you
> > tell us what operating system is running on your computer?
> >
> >     -----
> >     Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> >     You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
> >

> GnuCash 4.8, Build ID 4.8a+(2021-09-28)  I installed it from Ubuntu
> repository.
>
> My operating system is Kubuntu 22.04
>
> I've been running this version of gnucash for several years, since it
> became available via Ubuntu.
>
> I agree that it shouldn't take this long...  It's now been several hours
> more!
>
> Richard

David Carlson