<< aside first -- general user advice >>

My computer recently automatically upgraded the OS to Ubuntu 22.04.2 and
Linux kernel to 5.19.0-35. I may be grasping at straws here but could that
be the problem? I may have been working in GC at the time of the upgrade.

Do NOT allow automatic upgrade of OS while you are working (have applications open). Change your preference from "do automatic" to "notify me if upgrade available". That gives you a chance to shut all apps, log in as administrator, etc. and then start the upgrade as a time of your convenience. This advice is not operating system specific.

But no straw. An upgrade while apps open, data files open, etc. could conceivably cause data corruption, just as a crash can do that. But it would not cause program corruption, not create an ongoing problem that persisted past the next time that program was started (the copy of the program in the programs directory might be being read while the program running, but not written to. So when the computer is restarted and the app opened, good fresh copy.

Based on decades in the cypher mines (very senior analyst) might I point something out. If you have four credit card accounts and three of them are working properly as expected but one is not << the problem you are describing >> the problem isn't with the program. It is your settings or data entered. Look for what is different between the three that are good and this one that is bad. There IS something different.

Michael D Novack.

PS --- If it makes you feel better, I can remember times when several very experienced pros stared for hours looking for the difference that we knew must be there before we finally found it.