On 2023-03-09 21:11, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user wrote:
  Just posted:

RFE: allow for scheduled transitions 2nd weekdays
https://bugs.gnucash.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash

On 2023-03-09 21:19, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user wrote:
Hi Stan,

If the 1st is a Wednesday, then the 2nd W would be
the 8th.

But if the 1st was a Thursday, then the second
W would be the 13th, so picking the day of the
week is not helpful.  So I picked the 14th.
Six day late at the worst.

But why pick a wrong date six times out of seven, when you have the
ability to pick the right date every time? You quoted my note, but it
looks like you didn't try the procedure that will give you exactly the
second Wednesday of the month, every month.  Here it is again, slightly
edited:

In the scheduled transaction editor, on the Frequency tab, select
Frequency: Monthly and Every _1_ months. Then click the drop-down arrow
for "On the" and scroll, scroll down till you get the options for 1st,
2nd, 3rd, 4th occurrence in each month of your chosen day of the week.
It's a very long list, so you have to scroll pretty far.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com

On 3/9/23 21:26, Stan Brown (using GC 2.6.19) wrote:

> You might want to remove that. See my reply of a couple of minutes ago.
> Adrien is very knowledgeable, but in this case I think he missed the boat.
>
> How do I know this feature is available? Because I use it. My Social
> Security check comes the 4th Wednesday of each month, and I have a
> scheduled transaction to record that. (I don't have an end date; instead
> I just edit the amounts once a year.)
>
> It could be that the feature was removed in newer versions of GC, but
> that seems unlikely to me.

How did you get it to select the 4th Wednesday?