> On Mar 11, 2023, at 1:15 PM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.truss...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 2:21 PM John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us
> <mailto:jra...@ceridwen.us>> wrote:
>>
>> > On Mar 11, 2023, at 11:14 AM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.truss...@gmail.com
>> > <mailto:tommy.truss...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > I was surprised the flatpak "stable" repository was showing an update to
>> > GnuCash 4.13. I was even more surprised it was showing the update would be
>> > to a commit from December. ...
>>
>> [SNIP]
>>
>> >      Commit:
>> > eb1be08966b94073a6f219dcf8f61f42c88228d1d1f2aba15da990591bccf3c7
>> >      Parent:
>> > 7e2d8364088a32d0f6849893a43b41a5623886c2d5c7da3505c023ba0c86fa5f
>> >     Subject: Fix GnuCash tarball sha256 (bd9f8e1e)
>> >        Date: 2022-12-18 22:30:44 +0000
>>
>> The commits are weird. The one in parentheses is the current HEAD on
>> https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/commits/master and as will be
>> apparent if you visit that page the commit was needed because the first
>> build failed.
>>
>> Does the subject for the parent commit say "Package GnuCash 4.13
>> (c825100b)"? That's the build that failed so it's seems odd to me that it
>> would have made an installable flatpak.
>
> I don't know how to look for the information you requested. All I know how to
> discern is through the flatpak info command, and it shows exactly what you've
> quoted.
>
> I searched github for the last eight characters of the strings and have not
> found anything relevant EXCEPT the parent commit you mentioned.
>
> HOWEVER I just noticed in
>
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-flatpak
>
> there's an update to modules/aqbanking.json from last week. It could easily
> be that I have not checked flatpak updates since you made that change. Could
> that one file explain it?  I don't use AQBanking so I don't even know where
> I'd look in my installation unless I dug into the installed flatpak.
>
> I just chose Help --> About
>
> Version: 4.13
> Build ID: Flathub 4.13
> Finance::Quote: 1.5301

No, it's not the AQBanking change. Changes on gnucash-on-flatpak don't get
reflected in org.gnucash.GnuCash until I copy them over as part of doing a
release, so that change is in the beta branch for the 4.90x releases but not
yet in master for 4.x.

bd9f8e1e is the 18 December commit for the 4.13 flathub release in
org.gnucash.GnuCash. That part isn't mysterious, what's mysterious is what did
you have before and why did flatpak not update you to that release until almost
3 months later?

A related and perhaps more interesting question for folks with a firmer grasp
of flathub than I have: I'll be releasing both 4.14 and 5.0 in two weeks. IIUC
flathub supports only one version at a time so there's no point in making a
flathub build for 4.14. Both would be available from
https://code.gnucash.org/builds/flatpak. Is my understanding correct?

Regards,
John Ralls