Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a few pointers on how to troubleshoot an issue I'm having
with v5 downloading quotes.  I had no issues with v4.13.  When I select
"Tools|Price Database|GetQuotes" a shell opens and closes quickly and
nothing is updated.

I don't seem to have any issues with gnucash-cli.  Here are the results:
---
C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>gnucash-cli.exe --verbose -Q dump
yahoo_json acn
acn:
     isodate => 2023-03-27
         low => 270.64
        type => EQUITY
        name => acn (Accenture plc)
          pe => 25.180145
    exchange => Sourced from Yahoo Finance (as JSON)
         eps => 10.88
    currency => USD
      method => yahoo_json
     success => 1
      volume => 2805531
       close => 272
        date => 03/27/2023
  year_range =>        242.8 - 345.3
        last => 273.96
        open => 270.73
   div_yield => 1.5919117
      symbol => acn
        high => 274.36
---

Running gnucash with the "--log gnc.scm=debug"  shows the following error:

* 15:11:29 ERROR <gnc.gui> [gnc_prices_dialog_get_quotes_clicked()] Price
retrieval failed: Failed to parse result returned by Finance::Quote.
Error message:
<unspecified file>(1): expected value

To me, it's odd that gnucash-cli.exe seems to work where the gnucash app
itself does not.

I have Finance::Quote: 1.54 installed and it shows this in Help | About

Lastly, if I check the security editor, it seems like every quote provider
is greyed out.  This woudl suggest to me that gnucash doesn't think there
is a valid Finance::Quote configured.

I'd appreciate any pointers on how to dig deeper and determine what broke
for me between 4.13 and 5.0.  Is anyone else having issues?

I'm enjoying v5 quite a bit - congrats on the release.

Michael