You could always forego the export aspect altogether. In the report window of
GnuCash, select the entire report (Ctrl-A), copy the data (Ctrl-C), switch to
LibreOffice (Alt-Tab), and paste your data (Ctrl-V). Finally, save the
LibreOffice as a spreadsheet file, which should assign it the proper formatting
and extension.

⁣David T. ​