I hesitate to jump in, since John is so much more knowledgeable and informed,
but his reply (and my understanding of the back side functioning in this area)
would suggest that the quote source doesn't usually include any time zone
information, and the time zone that GnuCash inserts into its data set is chosen
specifically to ensure that quote dates won't change when viewed in different
times zones. So, it's not clear to me why you would encounter date changes.

That being said, I have a few questions, the first being, how long is your
trip? If it's a short term thing, perhaps you can accept the discrepancy until
you return to your home time zone, at which time the shift would presumably
revert to your expectation.

The second is, how important is it to know that a given price relates to
Monday, as opposed to Tuesday? My experience is that the specific dates of such
valuations is secondary to the general valuation at some point in time. Any
concern with a specific date and time is either related to an actual event
(purchase/sale), or is due to my own obsessive nature. The former gets handled
in the actual transaction, while the latter takes therapy.  ;)

The third is, are you actually discussing price quotes, or perhaps
transactions? Your initial query refers to securities, while John interpreted
that to mean price quotes. Transactions can have more specific times associated
with them (although I can't imagine an actual security having any sort of time
attached to it). Perhaps this is a source of confusion in this exchange?

⁣David T. ​