On 2023-04-07 11:35, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> The manual needs to be fixed on that point. Reports can be cognizant of
> closing entries for some years now. This was mentioned in a recent
> thread and I think a formal bug has been filed to track the change(s).
>
> Open the report Options and see the Entries tab. (the Trial Balance can
> also filter Adjusting Entries)

I close the books every year, and yet my Income Statement ("P&L") each
year is exactly right. (I've never run a trial balance -- can't see the
need as long as Orphan and Imbalance are both empty.)

As Adrien says, you may need to set the appropriate "closing" string in
Report Options to make this happen.

The documentation bug is number 798798.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA