On 5/29/23 7:41 PM, Colin Arndt wrote:

Thanks for all your work to keep up this past month. The latest 1.56
 update fixes price retrieval within GnuCash.

This means modules will need to be rewritten to parse the HTML.
Doable, but not as simple as parsing JSON.

There is an excellent python module ‘yfinance’ which does exactly
this - scrapes price data from Yahoo!’s website. This might not be of
any use because it’s written in python instead of Perl, but
nonetheless wanted to make sure you’re aware of it.

Colin,

While I would confirm if the Python source is grabbing the normal web page or the API calls we use(d) in F::Q, this did give me the idea to search CPAN. I found the module Yahoo::Finance which may also be a good start and possibly does the heavy lifting already.

Thanks a bunch for the info!

Bruce S.