On 5/30/23 12:59 PM, Vincent Lucarelli wrote:

You can verify that by setting the environment variable DEBUG=1 and
repeating the gnucash-cli command.  You should see the AlphaVantage
key error.

I don’t think we’ve clearly documented this requirement anywhere and
maybe we should change the code to error out only if currency
conversion is actually necessary and the Currency module API key
isn’t set.  We can move this part of the discussion to our GitHub
project.

Skipping the currency conversion when it's not needed does indeed sound like a good idea. And as long as Yahoo does not block the query1.finance.yahoo.com/v11/finance/... URL, there is now a CurrencyRates::YahooJSON currency module. Not sure if want to make it the default, but currently users can set an environment variable "export FQ_CURRENCY=YahooJSON" to use it instead of AlphaVantage.

Thanks.

Bruce S.