Ok, from searching around it appears your suggestion is indeed what I need
to do, eg run gnc-fq-update. In the gnucash bin directory I see a file with
that name, but how on earth do I run it?  It appears to just be a text
file.  Also, when I go to the start menu, there is no longer a folder for
gnucash, just the main program app so no program in there w that name, so
that's not helpful. I've looked in the gnucash documentation, but that
provides no info as to how to run/execute that file.