Hi Steve/all,

I have not seen anything posted to this Mailman 2 mailing list about in person user groups specific to GnuCash in the last 6 months...

You may have some luck/interest in GnuCash from the few Linux User Groups (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_user_group) that are still active, including NYLUG (http://nylug.org/), LILUG (http://www.lilug.org/), NJLUG (https://www.meetup.com/NJLinux/), and several others in the areas you listed.

I am on the "board" of the North Bay Linux Users Group (https://nblug.org/) and we have been meeting monthly for about the last 1.5 years since the common pandemic hiatus. I also find it very helpful and enjoyable to meet others in person and discuss interests/questions/issues/etc.

One of my projects has been to scout out interest in forming a national/international umbrella organization of LUGs because so many of the local groups are scattered and not organized into a registered 501c3 nonprofit organization. While that structure totally makes sense for smaller, all volunteer orgs, if all those independent LUGs had some organizational, financial, technical, marketing/PR, & legal structure & support, it would be a tremendous help and likely minimize the disruptions caused when a key member moves away or loses interest and the LUG falls apart. Even for the existing and ongoing LUGs like NBLUG, when we migrated our Mailman server from 2 to 3, no one in our group had done it before and it was a struggle. Having optional, central support for very occasional tasks like that makes updates/changes much easier and provides redundancy/backup for when something fails (like when the Texas storms took out the GnuCash website server and there was trouble with the host's ISP for weeks afterwards & the security/https certificates expiring/not redirecting correctly & some scrambling around trying to create and use workarounds for almost 2 months in early 2023 - https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-March/thread.html). The Linux Foundation (https://www.linuxfoundation.org/) offered some support & resources (https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo), but they are not a 501c3. The Software Freedom Conservancy (https://sfconservancy.org/projects/services/) & Software in the Public Interest (https://www.spi-inc.org/membership/) are both 501c3 nonprofits and both fiscally sponsor nonprofit, open source projects, but SFC  has not been responsive (they seem overwhelmed with their current work) and I should check in with SPI...

GnuCash is also not a sponsored project of any 501c3 nonprofit org that I know of, so donations from US taxpayers are not deductible, but still greatly appreciated - https://gnucash.org/donate.phtml

Apologies for 'hijacking' your post, but you likely figured out that with no responses in 4 days, the basic answer was no.

Good luck!

Brad