I'll have a go at reproducing on a file based set of accounts, but have not done this before so I may not be successful.

Cheers
Dave

On 23/07/2023 19:57, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
Dave:

On 2023-07-23 10:33, Dave Carlin via gnucash-user wrote:
…I have recently moved my Gnucash installation from an old Windows 7 pc to my new shiny windows 11. … I wanted to continue with the various counters that I had been using, e.g. bill, invoice, employee, customer counts etc. So I had to manually enter the various counts into File >> Properties >> Counters.  All fine so far. Now, every time I create a new Bill, Invoice, Customer etc the count resets back to zero and the next item I'm creating starts at 1.
…I'm running on Windows 11, MySQL 8.0

What version of GnuCash are you using on the shiny new Windows 11?

How did you install GnuCash? Did you run an installer, or did you copy the GnuCash application files from the old computer to the new?

And what option are you using to store your data file? XML, compressed XML, SQL backend?

Can you reproduce this problem on a new, largely empty GnuCash file? If so, then that file will be helpful for others who want to diagnose the problem.

I hope this helps to get you useful assistance.

Best regards,
    —Jim DeLaHunt