Neither are connected with this official project.

As I understand it, neither is current, and have not kept pace with GnuCash development. Therefore, compatibility and usability are your mystery to discover on your own.

People use GnuCash via 'cloud' storage, but be warned only *one* user should be accessing the file at any one time. The storage service itself may present problems. Do a list search for Google Drive here to see what folks have encountered.