> On Sep 10, 2023, at 04:30, (Alan) David Smith <smit...@smith54.karoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
> I may have misinterpreted your instructions:
[snip]
> alandavidsmith@Alans-MacBook-Pro ~ % $TMPDIR/gnucash.trace
> zsh: permission denied:
> /var/folders/4z/9_58dccx62533wcvwb6t4jmc0000gn/T//gnucash.trace
> alandavidsmith@Alans-MacBook-Pro ~ % find /var/folders -name gnucash.trace

You did. The first is trying to execute the tracefile. It's a text log file
that doesn't have execute permission (nor would it do anything if it did). Most
of the files in /var/folders are restricted so you'd have to sudo to read them,
hence the spew of Permission denied messages.

Instead, copy the tracefile to your user directory, that's easier than trying
to navigate to its location in Finder:
  cp $TEMPDIR/gnucash.trace .
Then open a reply in your mail program (from the headers I guess that's
Outlook) and use the attach button or menu selection and pick gnucash.trace
from the chooser dialog. Send the reply.

Regards,
John Ralls