There's a preference for how long to retain them but I'm not convinced that it
works for server-sql backends. Mind, I'm not convinced that it doesn't, either,
I just don't know where exactly it's invoked. You might want to set up
logrotate (you'll have to get it from Homebrew or build it yourself) to clean
out the old logs. There's no other config for that system that I'm aware of.

Note that those transaction logs log only GnuCash transactions, not everything
GnuCash does. You've got much better and more complete logs available from your
MySQL/MariaDB or PostgresQL server.

Regards,
John Ralls