Summarizing the wiki.gnucash.org page:

it lists the following keyboard shortcuts:

Ctrl+Alt+PgUp Ctrl+Alt+PgDown = switch between tabs in the main window
Tab = select placeholder account in the account page
Shift-RightArrow = expand tree view of place holder account in the account page Shift-LeftArrow = collapse tree view of place holder account in the account page Numpad_+ (or Shift-Numpad_+, not clear) = expand one level of placeholder account in the account page Numpad_- (or Shift-Numpad_-, not clear) = collapse one level of placeholder account in the account page
[a brief explanation of the GnuCash calculator keys when entering amounts]
[a brief explanation of 'quick-fill' when when entering a description]
[a brief explanation of selecting an account when entering a transaction]
[a description of using the GnuCash menu to view all subaccount transaction]
Numpad_+ = increment date or check number fields (when in the field)
Numpad_- = decrement date or check number fields (when in the field)
Ctrl-Down = raise the accounts menu (dropdown list?) when selecting transfer account
Shift-PgDown = jump to the empty transaction at the bottom of the register
[a few keyboard shortcuts in the Reconcile window]

and that' s about it!

and then a brief discussion of GTK bindings showing examples for Cut, Copy & Paste, a functionality that is already implemented in GnuCash as installed.

I don't know how I'm to use this information to know how to implement a keyboard shortcut to <Menu><Actions><Split Transaction>

I'll keep looking around.

:George