Hi there,

I am new to gnucash, so please pardon me if this sounds too simple a
question.

How do I schedule transactions to automatically add a percentage interest
for a fixed deposit for a fixed deposit account?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_deposit

The material on how to enter/use simple or compound interest formulas in
scheduled translation is not clear. Here are the links I found: 1)
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Scheduled_Transactions#Bank_Account_Interest,
and 2) https://code.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/invest_int1.html

Link 2) doesn't have a screenshot that shows what entries were made in the
fields/forms to calculate interest, and shows just the result.

Another side problem I face is: When I create a fixed deposit account with
an initial amount, the scheduled transaction template for some reason keeps
adding "opening balance" to the transactions. How do I just schedule
interest deposits based on opening balance of fixed deposit account?

Thanks,

Robin