Thank you very much for the comprehensive reply. I didn't think of CC, but that is very useful. It helps when presentation of CC records are late.

I did find that balancing amounts were in the reconcile, usually very small amounts, but I didn't recall setting them.

For the previous answers, thank you one and all. I normally have a hold of reconciling, but when looking back in my accounts I find 'opening balances' have changed, presumably due to finger issues when entering transactions later.

I ask myself, 'why look back' it is history, I've paid.....;)

Thanks again, Barry