Hello!

    I have been using Gnucash for years to keep track of my personal finances and it has always done a good job for me. However, recently I was trying to reconcile my checking account and the starting balance in Gnucash's reconciliation popup window was not only wrong, but showed a negative balance.  (I attached a screenshot of that popup window FYI.)  I'm reconciling my August 2023 statement that shows an ending balance of $1378.00 (the correct amount, so this should have just been a slam-dunk reconciliation) but the starting balance for that period was $299.46 which is the reconciled balance at the end of July. Instead, Gnucash is showing a starting balance of $ -200.54.

    I tried entering a correction transaction of $200.54, but it didn't change anything.

    So, any ideas as to what went wrong and how to fix this? Thanks.

John