Hello, Thomas:

On 2023-12-12 11:47, Thomas wrote:
Hello there,

I always have a set of standard tabs/registers open in the main window
(GnuCash v5.4).
As it is quite a number of tabs in the meantime, it becomes rather
tiresome to scroll from one end to another.... is there a way to have a drop
down
menu on the right instead of horizontal scrolling...

On my copy of GnuCash, I control-click on any of the tab in the row of tabs at the top of the GnuCash window. A menu pops down, listing all the open tabs. I select the tab I want. GnuCash moves to that tab and displays its contents.

I am using GnuCash 4.14-1 on macOS Monterey 12.7.1. If you are using Windows or Linux, and have a two-button mouse, the right mouse button might be what you need to click with.

See also the /GnuCash Guide/, section 2.3.5 Tab Bar <https://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/basics-interface1.html>. This mentions the menu (a "list of tabs").

Does this help?
    —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada