I feel certain this question has been addressed elsewhere, but the closest
thing I can find is a thread from 2017, "Transaction Journal View - blank
"Memo" instead of Description."

When we enter multiple bills from the same vendor, it's easy enough to input a
description in the description field, but this only appears subsequently in the
bill view. For example, we have a vendor, TES, who issued four different bills,
each for airfare for a different person, identified in the description field,
but the account ledger shows only 'TES' in the Memo.

Is it possible to generate (at least) a report that shows the transaction
detail, so that we might see what we paid TES for?