I will echo R Losey's comments but also add that over the years, I've used (and
abandoned) the various download transactional data features in favor of manual
entry.

First, many institutions have become restrictive in their download offerings
and refuse to consider anything outside the commercial banking software
ecosystem. In the US, that means Intuit.

Second, Gnucash allows rapid transaction input (by memorizing previous
transactions and copying them in for you) that can speed data entry immensely.
(Aside, I understand that recent updates of this feature have been a little
controversial)

Third, downloaded data needs to be validated and confirmed by me, which takes
time.

As a consequence of all this, I have found that importing took more work than
just biting the bullet and doing it by hand.

For what it's worth, I'm tracking at least three checking accounts, three
taxable investment accounts, six retirement accounts, four pension accounts,
and two credit card accounts.

And using Gnucash 4.12, because I'm slow to innovate.

⁣David T.​