On 1/10/24 16:59, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
Have you tried opening the (other) desired book directly via command line?

It may be the book you are attempting to switch to has an issue, and not saving the current one.

It works the second time I try.  So, not the book.  And yes, I've opened it multiple times after each crash.  It isn't the same book each time either.
Also, since it is prompting you to save, that tells me something was edited without a save. Perhaps manually save, then attempt to switch. At least that should determine if the crash is happening on save, or upon opening the other book.

Oh, I definitely did work.  The fact that when I restart GnC it doesn't complain about a lock file on the "old" book tells me that the save worked.  The lock file was on the "new" book.