For the record, I'm also against this popup, but for a different reason.

The FAQ is an overwhelming never-shrinking aggregation of items that would be
better placed in other documentation. Including it on a monthly basis would not
really benefit a new user with a specific problem. When I go to the FAQ, I am
usually forced to do a find in the page to locate anything.

On a side rant, the fact that every year there is a spate of new users asking
the same set of questions that are covered extensively in some form of the
documentation underscores a disconnect that the community hasn't worked out.

For whatever reason, the disconnect between how Gnucash is viewed by the
outside world and how it actually works seems to cause a significant range of
new user difficulties.

⁣David T.​