Hi all,

Does GNC provide any mechanism for comparing two versions of the same set
of accounts?

I'll be sending my books to my accountant soon, and I imagine they will
have some corrections/adjustments. I'll be giving them a laptop with GNC
installed, so they can most easily browse, and it occurs to me that they
could also make their changes in place. But, unless they write down
separately every entry they create or change, I would need to somehow
re-integrate their work with my "master" file. Either that, or I'd have to
freeze my bookkeeping while they're working on things, and that's likely to
take too long to be acceptable.

With the hostage-taker's rent-ware that I used to use, there was a specific
mechanism for an "accountant's copy" and a means to merge the changes back
automatically. But I've failed to find this in the docs for GNC (quite
possibly as a result of poor / uninspired searching!)

Is this supported directly? Is this something folks have found an approach
for? I suppose, as a not quite worst case, I could simply diff the XML file
itself, but that's going to produce results that will be somewhat messy, at
best. But at least I'd know something about what changed.

What ideas can you offer (or manual pages, if I've failed that
embarrassingly!)

TIA,
Simon

--