On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 5:57 PM Geoff <cleanoutmys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason for this problem you encountered with the QIF Importer:
>
>  > However, when I do the Import in GnuCash, it shows up as:
>  > Income:Dividends:Assets:us:Investments:TaxFree:f:Roth-F-Fid.:blue owl
> cap
>
> Is this record in your file:
>  > NDiv
>
> As far as I can tell, this causes the QIF Importer to prepend
> "Income:Dividends:" to your account.

OK.  I have removed that one line for this week's import.
Here is the entire QIF file:

 !Account
NAssets:us:Investments:TaxFree:f:Roth-F-Fid
TInvst
^
!Type:Invst
D1/19'24
Yroyal gold
CX
T45.60
Mroyal gold
LIncome:us:NoTax:Roth-F-Fid:div:royal gold
^

When I try to import that one transaction, I get:
A bug was detected while detecting duplicates.

Since this is not a duplicate transaction, I am very confused.
If there is some trace or dump file that I should be looking for,
I do not know what/where it is.